Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Disturbing Trends RE: Chicken

Today I was reading through my blog and became increasingly more aware of a disturbing new trend in my behavior, which is the marked increase in follow-through.  Like this morning, for instance: I said (or typed, rather) that I would post for you the transcripts of my famed and famous Craigslist ads.  So then, what did I do later today?  And not too long ago?  I posted those ads.

Yeah.  Even though I specifically said in my very first entry that I would do it tomorrow, or maybe today (HINT: the italicized word is a hallmark of Procrastinators everywhere).  So, even though I left myself wide-open, with plenty of leeway, I went ahead and followed through today, and do you know what?  I can't keep going on like this.  I can't keep up with this charade any longer.  So, I'll just admit it now, even though it may make me seem like less of a tough-guy: I'm a closet list-maker.

That's right.  I write down the things I need to do.  And then I do them.  I know!  I'm not entirely proud of that fact, either, but do you know what?  I don't always follow-through, so, really, it's not all that bad.  Some things I even mark off without doing just because I get sick of looking at 'em.  Like this one from two weeks ago: "pay credit card bill."  Who ever does that crap anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment