Thursday, September 9, 2010

Big Chicken's Lesson for Today

Hi you guys!

Big Chicken here, running late today on the posting process.  Been trying to wrap my noggin' around the complexities involved in copyrighting artistic work.  That's right viewer, you heard me.  This work right here?  It's "artistic."  Which is kind of embarrassing for a big, tough, strong chicken like me who could crush you in any board game but especially "_______."*   And, to prove to all of you just how tough I really am, I am going to share with you a fowl bumper sticker idea that I had this morning.  Well, I would, except I just Googled the phrase and found out that some ninny out there has already used it, although in another context, not as a bumper sticker, but still, I am not going to put it on here and all, even though I did think of it, because someone else already thought of that one first, but please, "___________", if you ever read this, I would just like to ask permission from you to use the phrase "cl___ o___ and fl_" in a funny bumper-sticker-related blog piece.

Listen, it's raining, and my neck hurts, and that one chick over there by the window here at the coffee shop is not even giving me the time of day, which is really depressing and I just want to wrap things up for now and go home.**

**Nobody ever said making stuff up was gonna be easy.*-

*-  Who just said that?


Hello folks, Big Chicken here with your Lesson for Today and that is this: there's gonna be some work involved, no matter what you do.  I know.  I hate it, you hate it, we all hate that crap, but it's just the way the ball bounces.  So you might as well do what you love, because life is short and might as well be tweet, too.  Who am I to give advice, you ask? (Could someone punctuate the prior sentence for me please?)  Why, I am the one who made a big mess of things, of course, which is why I take the time out of my obviously busy schedule to give advice to you,  the same person I am asking for money.  Do you see a correlation?  Let me spell it out for you, because we established long ago that you so desperately need the help.  The chickens who sit on mountaintops and bus benches and blogspots and who bestow unsolicited advice to strangers are usually the ones who messed up pretty bad in the first place.  So, I guess the real Lesson for Today is this, and that is: don't heed Big Chicken's Lesson for Today.  Which is a pretty big lesson, in and of itself.

*Also, I could crush you in golf, or basketball.  And that, even in skates. 


No comments:

Post a Comment