Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Cyber-Chicken Love

Hey, this is your big chicken here in my "office" at the coffee shop today, surreptitiously checking out a possible chick, when what should I see but a big, partially-eaten fruit on the cover of her electronic notebook, which means that it could never work out between us. Oh, that reminds me, I strutted on over and visited the Stats info for the blog today and was shocked (SHOCKED) to see that Page-views by Operating Systems for zbigchicken by Macintosh users was a whopping 11%, which was unexpected, because I thought Mac users were much smarter than chickens like me who stick with their PC (which I am very fond of, and even love. Yes, that's right, a big chicken like me, speaking of that emotion that is so very chemical in nature. Even though it is about my computer, because I would NEVER say that to a chick, SO BACK OFF). Also, there are browsers I have never even heard of providing page views for readers out there. Sigh, whatever happened to those halcyon days of my youth? The days when Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Opera dominated the scene? Actually, I don't think Opera ever dominated the scene, but these just happen to be the three with which I have direct experience. Me, a lowly chicken who is now humbled by the multitude of unheard-of browsers providing access to these pages right here. My little bubble in cyber-space. Look, I'm hovering. LOOK MA, I'M HOVERING IN CYBER-SPACE!

Your,
"I Need My Space-Bubble" Chicken

PS-I just looked up "halcyon" and it turns out that there was a woman of the same or similar name in Greek mythology who was turned into a Kingfisher, which, as some of you may know, is a type of bird. A very impressive-looking bird with brilliant colors and a long, stout bill that hunts things like fish. I have seen them in the southeastern U.S., down near the farm, and would consider them to be very cool, but they can fly. So I hate them for that.

zbigchicken at gmail dot com with a z before the b

No comments:

Post a Comment