Thursday, September 30, 2010

Big Chicken's Question for the Day

Hello Everyone and Welcome Back Once Again to the Feathery-est Blog on the Planet.  Big Chicken here with your big-time Question for the Day, and that is, this:

Do you think that people who work for free should get paid?

Cast your vote two ways (that's right folks, every single one of you gets two votes, right here, right now, on Big Chicken Radio**)
  1. Use the comments section at  the end of this here blog post
  2. Email me at zbigchicken dot blogspot dot com

Wait a minute, that wasn't an email address, that was my blog address.  So, here, tell you what I'm gonna do.  I'm just going to leave that in there and pretend like I don't have the ability to edit text here because the fact that I put it there was mildly funny.  However, I shall also give to you the tricky little email number that always looks so good in black and that is:

zbigchicken at gmail dot com

Comments aren't posted unless you want them to be because here at Big Chicken Radio***, we respect your privacy.  That's right, we love and value and just really respect your right to privacy and would never ever ever sneak into your home and rummage through all of your feathers.  Or costumes.  Because you, Listener, are very important to us here at the home of the Big Chicken Broadcasting System.  Reminds me of a time when my good friend, Craigslist, was as important of a figure in this chicken's life as you are today.  Back before he, you know, gave me the boot when I tried to find my friend Dave over in Louisiana and used the Wanted section instead of the "I saw you," which I knew about but didn't want to use because, technically I never saw the guy.  Just the flyers he put up on the bulletin board there.  Plus, I think that section is more for peeps who want to date.  So, yeah, me and Craigslist, we used to be like this, you know, but now we're at odds, although that is where I got my start and I will never ever forget that, even if I do shun him now.  Not that I'm bitter.*

Your,
Spurned Chicken


**First, I would just like to point out to you, here today, that the asterisk-esses are in numerical order.  That's right, no tricks here today.  Second, I realize that this isn't the actual radio program.  Of course not, ladies and gentlemen, because you're clearly reading this, not listening to it.  What this is, is a plug.  Stirring up some anticipation, that sort of thing.  CAN SOMEONE HELP ME STIR UP THE ANTICIPATION HERE, PLEASE?  thanks

***There's that reference again.  Lurking.  Like a hungry, black wolf-like creature.  Waiting for zbigchicken to post tasty little giblets recorded by one of his assistants.

PS-Did anyone spot the mis-spelling?  If you did, then call me, I'm a lonely chicken.  Yes, I klnow that my assistant is right there beside me on this, The Final Leg of the First Annual Southern Migration, but honestly, she's pretty tired of being around me and anymore, she just gives me that look.  You know the one.  The look you give to someone you've been traveling with for close to two weeks.  And it's not the loving, "I think you're so funny," look, but more like the steely, "Get out."  And that, when we're traveling at 80.  Yeah, miles per hour.  I'm not kidding.  Little tip for ya here, aka a 'word to the wise': you don't mess with this particular assistant when she gives you that face.  I am not even lying (for once).

*Alright, I am.

3 comments:

  1. Wait, what? I can post a comment anonymously? And you'll respect my anonymous privacy? That's outrageous Big Chicken. I patently refuse to participate in this type of sham. That's right, I called it a Sham! Oh, and I used the word "patently" up there a couple of sentences ago - sort of adds a bit of class, doesn't it?

    In any case, I have secured the rights to your upcoming so-called radio program, and here's the good news... I sold all the advertising spots! You, of course, will not be getting any of these advertising dollars, because, hey, finder's fee. Right? Am I right? Okay. good. Just checking. But anyway, you will be required to verbally plug your new sponsor every three and a half minutes. "Big Bob's BBQ Barn and Hustle-rama Pleasuredome" But they want you to work it into normal conversation. You know, don't make it obvious that you're promoting them. Just mention something you like about them every three and a half minutes. Great.

    You know what, go ahead and post my comment. I think I'll figure out a way to charge you for it.

    -Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Everyone, Big Chicken here - posting a comment on my own blog (I just hope it makes it through the screening process, I heard the Blog Master is a real bear. I mean, chicken.) in response to the one above left by Mr. or Mizz Anonymous up there, who could, by the way, have a verrrrry promising career ahead of her, him, as a Chicken Ghost Writer on this here blog. If they should ever get wid it enough to send me there fake resume. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please note the mis-spelling (above)

    ReplyDelete