Friday, August 20, 2010

Regarding the One Resounding Response

Ladies,  Gentlemen, Corporate Entities Considered to Have the Same Rights as a Person:

I am writing this letter to inform you that I must retract the statement I made in an earlier letter to you in which I was quoted (by myself) as saying that, regarding my expressed desire to dress up like a big chicken and roller skate around the nation, as saying that I had already received, in addition to the overwhelming support of my family and friends, one entire resounding response.

Sadly, Ladies, Gentlemen, and Corporate Entities Considered to Have the Same Rights as a Person (or LGCECHSRP for short), it is with some sadness that I tell you today that that one response was from a scammer.  Yes, they do, in fact, exist.  And furthermore, LGCECHSRP (or Ladies, Gentlemen, and Corporate Entities Considered to Have the Same Rights as a Person, for those of you who did not see the prior explanatory portion regarding the acronym, just to eliminate any confusion here), these scammers, why, they are most certainly and positively at large.  I have also been advised that they will stop at nothing to send fake email solicitations to unsuspecting chickens and other staid and stable members of the public everywhere.

Why am I telling you this, Ladies, Gentlemen, and Corporate Entities Considered to Have the Same Rights as a Person?  (Crap, forgot to use the acronym, start over.)

Why am I telling you this, LGCECHSRP?  First of all, I am telling you this because I am an honest chicken,  a chicken who is proud of his poultry heritage, but, mostly, LGCECHSRP, I am telling you this because, well, as you may remember from when I mentioned it to you before, I am out of work, and I do happen to have a lot of time on my hands wings, time enough to think through things of this nature, decide that they are important enough to write to you about, and then actually follow through with the letter.  (And my old boss said I was no good with follow-through, heh heh, if that jerk could see me now.)

I assure you, Ladies and Gentlemen of the Ju-, I mean, LGCECHSRP, that I will not allow this person, this scammer, as it were, whether it was in fact a person or whether it was simply coding from some malicious device, to go un-responded to.  To that end, I have already posted my reply to their fowl mockery of me, the chicken, and will cc you on that correspondence as well.

Yours as ever, through good times as well as during the bad,
The Very Big and Very Zesty Chick Magnet

No comments:

Post a Comment