Saturday, August 28, 2010

New Tool Ideas and (Yawn) Privacy Notice

The Big Chicken has been advised that telescoping carbon graphite poles could prove very handy in his adventures on skates, and thinks that they could also lend a theatrical flair to performance.  To that end, the Big C is busily signing up for the Amazon Affiliates program so that you, fair and plucky readers, can help support the chicken's mission to make you laugh by buying all sorts of wonderful things that you will be able to get to from links and widgets and banners and things here.  Those sentences above may seem unrelated now, but when I originally wrote them, they were not, so there.

Oh, and by the way, Amazon Affiliates and Google AdSense, the fine folks who set up the programs that I am using to provide to you links to products, ask (okay they require, but since I don't like to be told what to do, I am just going to pretend like they "asked") me to provide to you information about privacy.  Which I think is a very fine idea in addition to being good advice.  So, following is the

PRIVACY NOTICE

This is cut and pasted from Amazon's agreement because the very Big C, while being amazingly smart and handsome, though surly but otherwise quite amazing and wonderful as well as a very dashing, dashing figure, knows only enough about how the following things work to know that they exist, and that only because he has been told, but then whenever other entities begin to speak of things such as cookies and so forth, the very Big C begins to get hungry and wonder why they must spend so much time talking about content and so forth when clearly it is dinnertime.  So, here is what you, brilliant viewer, may understand better than the Big C, in which case, could you please inform me?  Except, please don't, because I am trying to rest up here for my next go around the park, and this all serves to make me very tired.


-disclosing on your site accurately and adequately, either through a privacy policy or otherwise, how you collect, use, store, and disclose data collected from visitors, including, where applicable, that third parties (including us and other advertisers) may serve content and advertisements, collect information directly from visitors, and place or recognize cookies on visitors’ browsers;

I, the very Big C, do not at this point, knowingly collect data from or about you.  If that changes, I will let you know.  However, the companies mentioned above, as well as the advertisers whose services are described here and elsewhere on the blog, do, as stated above.  At this point, I will give a little look-see, see if I can't find the info from Google's AdSense to provide to you another portion of this site's Privacy Policy, and put that rrrrright here:

-You must have and abide by an appropriate privacy policy that clearly discloses that third parties may be placing and reading cookies on your users’ browser, or using web beacons to collect information, in the course of ads being served on your website.  Your privacy policy should also include information about user options for cookie management.

Regarding that last sentence there, if you want to manage your cookies, I would suggest eating some with milk.  Then searching for however it is that you can clear your browsing history and delete cookies.  In Mozilla Firefox, one of the grand and glorious browsers of this our fair land, you do that in the "Tools" area up at the top there.  Yes, right there.

On a completely unrelated note, the Very Big C just found out where to go in the Blogger posting area to be able to paste information from other documents.  Maybe you already knew this, I did not but it's EDIT HTML!  Woo-hoo!  Score!  Joy today.  Joy in this here barnyard today, and all thanks to you, Privacy Notice informational post experience.  I Thank You and Verily I Remain,

Your Very Big C.

PS- Does anyone else actually read the agreements?  My eyes are bugging out of my head, I swear.   Who knew being a Big character Chicken was going to be so much work?  Haha.  Hey, it's probably a good thing I kept going with the reading, because I need to tell you something else, so listen close because I am going to whisper since the hens and chicks are heading up to roost, shhhhh.  Here:

"The Big Chicken is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.”

This just in - the very Big C could not finalize the registration process due to glitches in the system or perhaps operator error and thusly, shall be trying to finish that up again later.  Poor, cyber-challenged very big c.

No comments:

Post a Comment