Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Direction for Chicken

Hello there, it's me, the Big C,

Here to say that the purpose of this blog is to build character, namely, my own!  So far, we have taken a trip down crazy street, and the absurd byways and highways of some uncharted territory of the brain, which has been rather surprising.

I don't want to get off track here, so (shrieking brakes here as skates come to a halt) will try to maintain some focus.  I am writing a screenplay for a movie, about myself, a giant chicken who roller skates around the United States, and it's the first time I have done something like this, so the ride may continue to be bumpy at times, and the scenery may not be that great at times, since I am really just putting stuff out there without an editor because everyone I know is busy and I don't want to ask people to read my stuff before I post it, and because I am, well, chicken.  Haha.  Chicken being synonymous with lazy!  No, really, it does have a lot to do with just being scared, because for years, this chicken has been a closet writer.  Loads of stuff just waiting in boxes for the end of the world to arrive, or something.  Over the past few years, some ideas finally started making brief verbal appearances among family and friends, but then I would get to a place where I was scared to move forward, and well, long story short, it is really why the chicken character is just perfect for me.  Well, that and for years I have had the inexplicable desire to dress up as a bird and roller skate.  Please don't ask me why, because I don't know, but I do know that I love it. 

Back to the chicken's particular brand o' crazy - in the beginning of the film, he is a pretty insensitive jerk, so that part of the character has probably become apparent already.  However, rest assured that this Big Chicken does learn his lessons, and while the film is in large part a platform to get a lot of mileage (get it?  skating across the country) out of breast, leg, and thigh jokes, as well as all sorts of fowl humor, there will also be something that the chicken learns, because learning is something that is important to the Big Chicken's creator.  In addition, community is important, and whenever I tell people what it is that I want to do, they laugh and laugh, delighted.  So it brings a real sense of connection with other people into my life.

One more thing about the chicken: he is silent, so I get to practice being a mime, if I can ever work up the nerve to clown around in the mirror again!  I think that part will be much easier once my dear and generous artist friend helps me with the mask.

For the time being, I am going to leave whatever craziness it is that I wrote up on this here blog, because, honestly, I am scared to go re-read that crap right now!  So if you want a true taste of crazy, read those posts now, because they may not be there after I get up the nerve to go see whatever it is that I did.

Also, I am working on developing a budget for this endeavor and would appreciate help in that department.  More, but for now, I have some other work to do, don't we all, and plus, I'd like to check out some chicks.  Thank you in advance for any help with this matter.

Sincerely,
The Big Chicken on Skates Who Wants to Help People Laugh Wherever It Is That I Roam
Coming Soon to a Town Near You

One idea for the film includes traveling around to neat regional festivals or birding events and so forth.   I would love to hear ideas about how to do that, and may be reached at zbigchicken at gmail dot com , please note that there is a z in front of the c because someone else already had the email address that I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment