Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Picking Up Where I Left Off

So was I the only one who caught the reference I made to an ornithopter yesterday?  I learned about them from a Tweet on Twitter.  Well, I didn't learn about them so much as I watched one fly.  (http://media.wakooz.com/first-ever-human-powered-ornithopter-flight ) This was a neat contraption.  I've often wondered if I could make a bicycle with flappy wing thingies fly, but so far, have not found the will (or the funding) to pursue that.  Mainly because I've never looked.

All that aside - Welcome back Ladies and Wheat Germs to what is, arguably, the Fowlest Blog on the Planet!  And a big "Welcome!" to all the peeps visiting this here, my little nest, from Malta, Slovakia, and the Philippines.  How exciting for this big chicken to have guests from so many places.  (Can any of you visitors tell me what the chicks are like in your countries?  Are they cute? And, are they as, um, possessive as this little kookaburra I've been seeing?  Because if I even so much as look at another bird, or post an "I saw you" ad for one, or go out with one, she gets really mean, and critical.  It's like, I can't do anything right for her.  So, if you know someone, just tell her to write me.  thx)

Listen, when I read one of the comments posted by little "k" yesterday, it reminded me of a strange dream I had while traveling.  I wrote it down on one of my patented stolen paper napkins, I think it was in Stolen Paper Napkin Series Two (or Three), but when I saw my Big Chicken Mama a little while back, she needed something to read on her flight, so I gave the series to her.  She was nice enough (even after all I did as a youngster) to read it out to me the other day (before I ever even knew that Little Miss K was going to freak about that last post, and you can read her scathing response if you click on the comments here  ---> http://zbigchicken.blogspot.com/2010/10/chicks.html )so that I could type it up and post it for you.  So now, unlike those radio spots I've been promising to you, or the pics and video from the first leg of my First Annual-ish Southern Migration, I'm actually going to post the dream thing.  Those other things are coming.  I promise.**

Your,
Stifled Chicken

PS- How many of you out there have yet to see the First Ever Film Clip for Chicken?  http://zbigchicken.blogspot.com/2010/09/first-ever-film-clip-for-chicken.html
Starring Two Little Bears!  It's pretty funny, just don't blame me.  I was mis-quoted numerous times in the first two minutes alone.

**Just like I promised fidelity to the kookaburra bird.  And I always make something of my promises.  As in, a big deal.  Like, "Oh, hey, listen up everybody, I'm gonna promise something.  Look over here!  Look at me.  Stop what you're doing.  STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING AND LOOK AT ME!  Whew, man that was tough.  Why do I always have to yell at you guys to get you to do what I say?  And then, why do you support my poor behavior by doing it?"

2 comments:

  1. I should have listened to my mother. She warned me about you Big Chicken. But I wanted a "bad boy." I thought I could change you - boy, was this little kookaburra wrong! First, you hit on my friend, then we go for couple's counseling and you hit in the therapist, and the therapist's receptionist, and that girl in the waiting room with a lampshade on her head. Well, let me tell you something - that wasn't a girl with a lampshade on her head, it was just an hourglass shaped lamp! That's why it was wearing a lampshade.

    I swear Big Chicken, if you weren't so incredibly hunky, I would have dumped
    you long ago. As it is, I'm dumping you now. That's right, you heard me. I'm flying the coop. There are plenty of other rollerskating humans dressed as chickens out there. At least I hope so. I will admit, it is a rather odd fetish I have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, baby, you can't leave me now! Not after all we've been through. I mean, really, girl, are you seriously gonna dump me just because I hit on your friend? And the therapist? And the lampshade (who I thought was the receptionist's friend, and plus you know how I like an hourglass shape...or you would know that if maybe you had ever take the time to LISTEN to me) No, you know what? You go ahead and leave, little bird. I don't need you and your talk talk talk, chatter chatter chatter, laugh laugh - you get the point. You're loud, girl. And drab. I mean, couldn't you at least dye your feathers or something? I fully understand that, since we're birds and all, you can't be better looking than the males of the species, but girl you could at least TRY. Give it a little effort. Or something.

    I can't believe you. Leaving me.

    Fine then. Go.

    See if I care.

    ReplyDelete