Thursday, October 14, 2010

If You Can't Stop - Wave!

Active hunters.  That was the term I was trying to think of yesterday.  Could someone let my editor know that please?  Thanks.

You may also have noticed in that post from yesterday that I made reference to your looking for jumping spiders while you are in your office.  There was a reason for that.  Namely because, well, do you remember that one time when I said that I had made the decision, after long and thoughtful consideration, to get the Google Blogger Stats Overview Page tattooed (in miniature) on my forehead?  Well, it's because I hover there sometimes.  Just watching the traffic go by.  Occasionally checking out the sunset (it was especially colorful yesterday), or waving when the neighbors go by.  I'm thinking of putting in a porch swing.  Anyhow, what I've found is that you guys don't generally stop by on the weekends.

Which means you're probably reading this at work.  So then my next question (even though the prior sentence was in fact a statement) is, what do you do for a living that you can be reading my long-winded, though terribly funny, blog posts all day at work?  Because I would be up for training for that job.

Speaking of the Google Blogger Stats Overview Page; a brief visit there this morning revealed a visitor from China!  So, Welcome to the Biggest, Most Chicken-y Blog On the Planet...Ever!  I can't remember offhand if China has been a visitor before, and I'm too lazy to use the handy little search box at the top (which is really helpful, btw), so I'm just going to say "welcome!" again, because it never hurts to repeat nice things anyway.  

Your,
Swingin' Chicken

One more thing, the next time you're in my neighborhood, remember: if you can't stop - wave.

PS-There is a tiny spider hanging in front of one of my monitors.  That's right, folks, you heard me right - "one" of my monitors.**  You know why I'm showing off and telling you that?   Because I am so very cool.  Got me some command central happening, right here.  Now do you see why the chicks all dig me?  Because of my crazy, mad, computing skills.  Well, not skills so much as equipment.  Which isn't really mine.  But I get to use it.  For now.

**The computer screen kind, not the lizard kind.  I don't keep Nile monitor lizards in my office.  Or any other type of monitor lizard, for that matter.  We get a horned lizard*-, or a gecko, upon occasion, but so far, no monitors.  They aren't generally seen in these parts.  Not saying they aren't here (because it's pretty amazing what kinds of animals people drop off out in the wild when they're tired of caring for them), just that they aren't generally seen here, is all.

*-I called this one a horned lizard because I'm trying to keep this all professional here, but truly I am a fan of another name they're known by, which is the horny toad. wiki wiki wiki wiki -----> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horned_lizard

2 comments:

  1. Your Freakin' Common Law WifeOctober 14, 2010 at 8:06 PM

    Where are you?!? You said you were going out for smokes like two months ago, and you haven't come back. WTF??? I'm stuck here with about four dozen hungry babies, no smokes, and I'm suffocating under the pressure of my genetically modified white meat breasts (you wanted these things - not me!!!) You'd better get back here now mister! I've been reading your "blog" and you have some major questions to answer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really want to come back. Mainly because you're no spring chicken. Plus, you got all them kids. (I don't care if they are mine.)

    But I would like to make out, hence the consternation. (get it? "hen"...ce. ooookay, that was a stretch) Seriously, though, as you can see, this is an eggstremely difficult decision for me to make here. Oh, hey, I know! Show me those implants again. That always helps.

    ReplyDelete