Monday, December 20, 2010

The Website's Leaving Me...

You know, I had started this new "thing" with a website, but apparently my Creator (who seems to have a god complex, BTW) is going to discontinue any association with me there (what, embarrassed to know me now? That's the thing with fame, I guess, some peeps, it's like they never even knew you.) Anyhow, this "person" is going to have a "serious" website, one that is more reflective of the actual business part of things (although, this one still tends to use words like "bidness" in communications with me...at least I get that much.) Why am I telling you all of this? Because I just want you to know that, even though this is, in effect, putting a psychological restraining order between me and the website, I AM STILL KEEPING THE BLOG! Oh, and there will be a link there, too, but only if I agreed to never, ever, ever go there again. Anyhow, here's the page I had written for the site.

Your,
"I still can't believe the website broke up with me" Chicken

Hi! Welcome to zbigchicken.com, home of the Zaniest Chicken on the Planet! This website is my new pad. I just got it, and I'm really happy to be here. It feels more like a permanent home than the blog, a little more spacious, and hopefully I'll be able to put in that pool I've been wanting, plus the garden and so forth. It may take a little while for me to get the T-shirt, coffee-mug, and funny bird-related art inventory stocked and ready for you all, but in the meantime, I sure do hope that you'll stop on by my blog and read my wacky, stream-of-consciousness sort of humor as I get ready to fulfill My Life's Dream of roller-skating around the nation and making a funny movie about it. So, check me out at zbigchicken.blogspot.com

Sincerely,
Your Big Chicken

PS-My blog has everything you need to catch you up to speed on who I am and what it is that I'm doing here. So tell your friends, and have them tell their friends, and then, if they have a couple of friends they aren't talking to for whatever reason, go ahead and give them a call and try to mend fences, 'cause life is short, and then if that doesn't work, just let 'em know that they are now officially considered "enemies," and then have them secede from your Circle of Friends, and go out and start their own Circle of Friends, where maybe they can get a better phone rate, in which case, you should probably seriously consider befriending them again because it may help your pocket-book, and after all, isn't that what the REAL friends are for? No, not really. But still, if it helps your purse or your money-bag, then that might help you feel better or happier, perhaps a little more confident than you used to feel, back when you were struggling to make ends meet and then you had to feed the kids and all and your boss was really not giving you the respect that you deserved, so then what? Listen, I don't know what to tell you, except, back to the original point in yet another one of my patented, long-winded discourses, have your friends tell their friends about my funny blog, and then one day, we can all get on the mailing list together, (that's right, I'll get on it, too, right up there with the rest of you, because there is no way I would let you get into something like this on your own - it's wayyyy too funny for anyone to keep to themselves**) which has yet to be created but just cut me a little slack okay? I'm a Working Class Chicken, and I have to do this empire-building one step at a time. It's pretty fun though, so if you want to play this funny chicken game with me, then let me know at zigbigchicken at gmail dot com , which is my primary email address, although that, too, will probably change since I now have a Website, with a Webhost, and numerous email accounts - which is all very exciting for a big chicken like me.

PPS-I sure do hope you mend fences with that one friend. You know why? Because I am still avoiding that one of mine, so I figure, if I encourage you to do something like that, then maybe it'll chalk up some points for me somewhere. That's right, reader, I am encouraging you to do something that I myself am putting off. Listen, you should know, up front, that this sort of a thing is pretty typical for a chicken such as myself.

PPPS-Oh, hey! Why don't you drop me a line and let me know what Your Life's Dream is? I would love to hear about what it is that you most want to do. Plus, then maybe we could put our heads together and figure out how to getter done, you know?

**Could someone run a grammar check on this for me, please?

No comments:

Post a Comment