Thursday, December 16, 2010

Holidays

Best thing about the holiday season? Potluck/gamenight! Oh, man, I can hardly wait to get together with all my peeps and chow down on some corn chips. I just hope that one chick doesn't bring the same pickled beetles she brought the last time. They were wayyyyyy too sour. Then, there's the tooth-achingly sweet fruitcake that just seems like such a waste of good grubs.

Whaddayou mean, there aren't any grubs in fruitcake? Well, maybe not in your recipe, but it's a standard at our family's get togethers. As a matter of fact, my great-great-grandmother on my mother's side was cooped up with a baker (yes, it was quite the scandal) one time who gave her the best fruitcake (although we generally call it "grubcake" or just "grub," for short) recipe ever. I'd share it with you, but I'm saving that for my special recipe book that I have planned for release next year. So, you'll just have to wait on that for now. In the meantime, though, you can savor this tasty little nugget of a short film, brought to you by the good folks over at CoyoteMoon Films, who released this DVD in time for your holiday stocking stuffer list. http://www.sehablaespanolmovie.com/

Your,
All This Talk About Grubs Is Making Me Hungry - Chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment