Friday, May 20, 2011

Is "Savvy" Like Gravy, For Smart People?

Today, rather than sort through all of the piles of letters from peeps asking for my advice on a wide variety of serious and important issues, I've decided to revert to one of my favorite activities: giving unsolicited advice.  How do I do that?  Easy.  First, I think of problems facing our world and all of the people in it.  Then, I tell other people what they need to do to fix their stupid lives.  Finally, I go check out the chicks at the local roller rink.

What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?  Nothing whatsoever.  Now, without further ado, I shall bestow upon ye all one tasty little bit of some of the smartest wisdom in all the land, and that is this: do not click on those little "questions to be answered" links that people send you in that one social networking platform. 

No, wait, that was good advice.  What am I thinking?!!!

Just a moment, please, I need to have a word with myself.

(Okay, chicken, get it together, get it together, get it together.  YOU CAN DO THIS, ZBC, YOU CAN GET BACK IN THE GAME!)

Right, then, here's the do-over.

Ladies and gentlemen, lowbrows and scholars, I have here today some really bad advice for you.  But don't take my word for it.  Heavens no!  Go out and try this stuff at home, so you can start to see how very effective it really is.

Today's advice involves relationships with people purporting to be friends.  Specifically, that advice is to never, ever, ever let 'em hear you say you're sorry, 'cause that just puts you on the defensive from now until eternity.

You are so very welcome.

Thanks for stopping by.
Your "relationally savvy" chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment